Africatown-Central District in partnership with Langston Hughes Performing Arts Institute, Arunga Music, Red Lounge, Black Dot, Lake Chad Cafe will host its first annual Winter Arts & Soul Fest.
The four days of festivities will highlight the neighborhood’s unique African American heritage and African diaspora flavors including a special Black Friday Benefit Concert with Owuor Arunga & Friends at Langston Hughes Performing Arts Institute and the launch of a new business incubator, the Black Dot Cultural Innovation Space at Midtown Center and a Black Friday & Small Business Saturday Holiday Marketplace.
Wednesday, Nov. 25th
- Central Area Chamber of Commerce Thanksgiving Dinner, 2100 Bldg, 6pm
- Red Lounge presents Mighty Crown & Fire Links(Jamaica) Live in Seattle, Red Lounge 1212 E. Jefferson St., 9pm
Thursday Nov. 26th
- Afropolitan Seattle Thanksgiving Afterparty feature DJ Topspin, Red Lounge 1212 E. Jefferson St. Doors 9pm.
Friday, Nov. 27th
- Africatown Black Friday Holiday Marketplace at Langston Hughes Performing Arts Institute, 104 17th Ave. S.
- Black Friday Concert & Marketplace featuring Owuor Arunga & Friends. Langston Hughes Performing Arts Institute, 104 17th Ave. S. Market Place opens at 12 noon. Doors for concert open at 6:30pm.
Saturday, Nov. 28th
- Africatown Small Business Saturday Holiday Marketplace at Langston Hughes Performing Arts Institute, 104 17th Ave. S., 12pm-7pm
- Black Dot Opening & Hot Chocolate Mixer @ Midtown Center, 1160 23rd Ave, 4pm-9pm
- 4th Annual Dancehall Reunion Bash @ Eritrean Hall, 1954 S. Massachusetts St., 9pm-5am
What: Africatown-Central District Winter Music & Arts Fest
When: Wed Nov. 25 - Sat. Nov. 28, 2015
Where: Multiple Venues in Africatown-Central District
- Black Dot Cultural Innovation Space, 1160 23rd Ave.
- Langston Hughes Performing Arts Institute, 104 17th Ave S.
- Red Lounge, 1212 E. Jefferson St.
- Lake Chad Cafe, 1712 S. Jackson St.
- Eritrean Hall, 1954